Friday, October 19, 2007

Gareth Mitchell - Tree2mydoor


How old are you?
28 years old

What’s your occupation and who do you work for?
I am founder and director of tree2mydoor, the award winning tree gifts company.

How long have been doing this?
Since forming the company in September 2003.

What’s the best bit about your job?
Making our customers and their recipients really happy with our tree gifts.

What’s the worst thing?
Mmm, that’s a hard one as I love every minute. The worst thing will have to be handling my stress when we get crazily busy at Christmas, our customers love to buy very last minute!

What have the last 12 months been like for you?
They have been extremely busy. Tree2mydoor is growing rapidly and I have been spearheading the company development. On top of this, I have been making my wedding plans and preparing to move house. Roll on next year!

What were you doing before?
Working as a Marketing Advisor for a national regeneration charity based in Manchester city centre.

What was your very first full-time job?
Pulling pints in a pub in Bloomsbury, London.

Have you got any plans for the next 12 months you’d like to share with us?
My plans are to continue growing Tree2mydoor and to expand our product ranges.

What do you do to relax?
Sit in with my fiancé with some wine and good food.

Who do you live with?
I am moving into a new house with my fiancé and my step son in November.

Whereabouts do you live?
Manchester

If you were Prime Minister, what’s the very first thing you would do?
Abolish Inheritance Tax for under £2 million worth estates. I find it absolutely ridiculous that someone works and pays tax all their life. Then they die, almost half of what they worked for is taxed by government again! Particularly if the person has set up their own business and has a real positive impact on their local community.

Have you got any guilty carbon secrets?
Unfortunately, I do. I am flying to the Caribbean in January for my honeymoon.

What have you done that you were most proud of?
It would have to be founding Tree2mydoor and growing the company into an ethical award winning brand.

What are you most concerned about in the world at large?
I am concerned about dishonesty, greed, global warming, conservation and the protection of cultural heritage.

Which person in the public eye do you most admire and why?
I find this question really difficult to answer. I really cannot stand the celebrity culture that a lot of people thrive on in the UK.
I do admire Prince Charles for the masses of work that he is actively engaged in, particularly in British enterprise and conservation. These are two areas that I am very enthusiastic about.
I think that Richard Branson on an entrepreneur front has my admiration, he seems to keep ahead of the game when it comes to quality and ethics of services and products.

What advice would you give to someone wishing to embark on the same sort of work as you?
Work hard and work clever, never presume! Support local.

What's your website address?
www.tree2mydoor.com

No comments: